There are these moments in life when we easily know what the right decision is. We are following our instincts, or we can without a doubt say – “Yes! That’s it!”. However, the older we get and the wider variety of choices we have, it all gets tougher. One of the most difficult decisions turns out to be – How to find my life’s purpose?
A purpose and meaning is something that we are constantly searching for. With the passing time, we already have some idea of what is good for us, what defines us as people and what values do we stand for. May be we already know well what we are good at. The US author Richard Leider distinguishes 8 types of talents in his book “The power of purpose”:
1. Linguistics - for people who love word games and rhymes. They have a talent for speaking and using the language.
2. Logic – people who love facts and figures, think logical and love mathematics
3. Imagination – people who think in colors, forms and pictures and use their fantasy a lot
4. Music – people who love rhythm and music and know how to appreciate them
5. Kinesthetic - people prone to all types of sport activities, in love with dances, exercises etc.
6. Interpersonal Relations – those who care a lot about other people’s feelings, desires and emotions
7. Reflection – people who are extremely good in self-analysis, independent and disciplined
8. Modelling - people who analyze well events and occurrences, having an intuitive approach towards life Based on the 8 types of talents, you can try to figure out where you stand and what could be good for you; where you will feel in your strength.
Right after Bachelors, normally you are in your perfect strength, full of energy, full of ideas for life. And then you already have a few years of studying to help you discover more about the world. Then, in your early 20s, it is the best time to do a life changing decision. But, hard choices are hard, because you don’t know what the outcome would be
When deciding for our future, it is too difficult to determine how one decision will affect us on the long term. Normally, people tend to go with the safe choices - the once that are influenced by the parents, the peers or the teachers. After the Bachelors degree there are some basic choices – should I continue studying, or no, if I continue – what to specialize and where.
There is one trick that could help you make your future decision a bit more easily.
It won’t be the first, nor the last decision in your life. Choosing your life’s purpose in not a goal, but a process, and you can change it many times through the years, until you discover where and how you feel best. There is one way to choose the perfect option for you – be informed and gather as much data as possible, but then take time to listen to your inner voice.
To receive more information on possible Masters programmes and different ways to fund your studies, as well as on strategies how to choose your future steps, you can come to the MASTER and MORE Fair in Amsterdam on the 1st of December.Come to the fair to meet universities from all around the world, as well as listen to experts on higher education and career recruiting. At the fair zou can get a free Cv photo and check on your resume by experts, as well as a chance to win a 500 EUR award. Use the promo code JS6AT with your registration, to be able to enter for free with a preregistration here .
Aangemaakt op 30-11-2016 door sk2